Visionary swedish metallers SOILWORK have released the first “Inside Death Resonance” video trailer in which singer Björn “Speed” Strid talks about the band’s upcoming special collection of rarities, Death Resonance (out August 19, 2016 via Nuclear Blast).
Watch the official visualizer for “These Absent Eyes” on the Nuclear Blast YouTube channel!
The song was originally released on the Japan-only EP Beyond The Infinite which featured more songs from the recordings sessions for the band’s globally praised double album The Living Infinite.
Commented singer Björn “Speed” Strid: “Beyond The Infinite consists of some special, quite experimental songs. They might have been cut out from the original album but have a unique charm to them. It wasn’t easy to pick the final track list for The Living Infinite. It was never obvious which songs wouldn’t make it. The writing and recording was highly experimental and playful in general, and it was through this album that we rediscovered ourselves as songwriters, with a new and improved line-up which brought – and will bring – so many interesting things to the table. Originally only released in Japan, it is with great pleasure that we finally share those special songs with you all. Enjoy!”
Commented guitar player David Andersson: “Death. It’s a word that might be used too often, but it can still be interpreted in a myriad different ways. It’s not just the soma being deprived of its life-force; it’s also the end of infinity, the birth of new possibilities and the acceptance of inevitable change. This song was written soon after the recording of our live album in Finland, making new friends and making sure that the old ones stay with us forever, despite the fact that everything is finite.”
Pre-order your copy of Death Resonance here: http://nblast.
The gloomy cover art (see
Death Resonance track listing:
01. Helsinki (new song)
02. Death Resonance (new song)
03. The End Begins Below The Surface (The Ride Majestic Japan bonus track)
04. My Nerves, Your Everyday Tool (Beyond The Infinite Japan-only EP)
05. These Absent Eyes (Beyond The Infinite Japan-only EP)
06. Resisting The Current (Beyond The Infinite Japan-only EP)
07. When Sound Collides (Beyond The Infinite Japan-only EP)
08. Forever Lost In Vain (Beyond The Infinite Japan-only EP)
09. Sweet Demise (The Panic Broadcast Japan bonus track)
10. Sadistic Lullaby (re-recorded, The Panic Broadcast Japan bonus track)
11. Overclocked (2016 mix, Sworn A Great Divide Japan bonus track)
12. Martyr (2016 mix, Sworn A Great Divide Japan bonus track)
13. Sovereign (2016 mix, Sworn A Great Divide Japan bonus track)
14. Wherever Thorns May Grow (2016 mix, Stabbing The Drama Japan bonus track)
15. Killed By Ignition (2016 mix, Stabbing The Drama Japan bonus track)
Commented singer Björn “Speed” Strid: “The cover for Death Resonance is made by Mircea Eftemie and in many ways he managed to capture what we went through while recording The Ride Majestic: the sorrow, the close encounter with death, the aftermath and also the existential cogitation that came with it. It links those albums together, even though Death Resonance contains unreleased material from 2005 and forward. The cover almost seems like a link between life and death and not only captures where the band is right now, but also where we’ve been and what lies ahead.”